Education & Learning Software Guide
What is Education & Learning Software?
Education & Learning software are products that either offer training or educational courses that will assist you in acquiring new skills or create your own learning management environments. Software solutions from this category focus on various types of learning - from brushing up on basic skills to gaining insights on advanced post-graduate subjects. For instance, some solutions offer simple tools like plagiarism checkers or beginner language courses while others offer advanced coding courses similar to those being taught in the most prestigious academic institutions.
The Startup and Business subcategory lists software solutions that will help you better train your staff, launch an online store or simply learn about business in general. Learning Management Systems (LMS) will help you better understand and create training courses for your organization. Software solutions from the Learn to Code subcategory will enable you to learn markup and coding languages like HTML, CSS, Java, C++ etc. Basically, software solutions that have anything to do with education and learning can be found in this segment.
Most Popular Education & Learning Categories
How to Choose Education & Learning Software
One of the first considerations when picking out an educational software is the purpose of learning. Depending on what exactly you are trying to accomplish, you can go in very different directions even within the same subcategory. For instance, the approach to learning the basics of a programming language can differ a lot across various solutions, even if the subject matter looks the same.
Another important factor is the preferred method of learning, or teaching for that matter. For instance, you may prefer video lessons to practical examples and picking an educational software solution that allows you to learn by watching videos might yield more success. Or perhaps you are looking to educate your staff? Depending on the subject, you can direct them to one of the solutions from the MOOC segment, or create your own bespoke courses using a solution from the Authoring subcategory.
The third consideration is the availability of free content. Some of these software solutions offer free basic access and require paid subscriptions for advanced content. There are differences between educational software that offers freemium content and the ones requiring you to commit a budget up-front. Keeping all of these factors in mind, you will be able to decide on what education & learning software best suits your need, budget and specifications.
Subcategories of Education & Learning Software
- Authoring: Software solutions used for creating multimedia content, designing and packaging e-learning content, etc. fall under the authoring subcategory. These solutions can be used to integrate an array of media formats and create interactive and engaging training programs. Combined with other types of educational software, authoring solutions are widely used in today's world of out-of-the-classroom learning.
- Learning Management System (LMS): This increasingly popular educational software subcategory covers solutions used for delivery, tracking, reporting, documenting and administering training programs and educational courses. LMS solutions are used by instructors from various educational segments to administer tests, manage students' and trainees' records and perform other tasks related to online teaching. You can use LMSs to support already existing courses or design and deliver original teaching content across a variety of digital platforms.
- Learn to Code: This is a self-explanatory subcategory that houses software solutions with a focus on programming courses. Solutions from this segment will enable you to master the basics of markup and programming languages such as HTML, CSS, Java, Ruby and others. Used properly, you can achieve programming proficiency and develop coding skills comparable to the ones taught at the most prestigious colleges. You can also find courses on subjects other than programming that are closely related to your niche (design, production tool management, etc.).
- MOOCs & General: MOOC stands for Massive Open Online Courses. Solutions from this subcategory are often run by academic or non-profit institutions and tend to be free educational platforms offering a variety of courses. MOOC software enables you to watch filmed lectures, give you access to audio and video courses and extensive literature on the respective subject. MOOCs were introduced as one of the original approaches to distance education and have since then become one of the most popular methods of digital learning.
- Startups and Business: This subcategory houses software solutions with a focus on startups and business in general. From courses on business development and management to solutions that help you train and educate others within your organization, there is a plethora of solutions that will help you increase your business’s potential. The Startups and Business subcategory also houses solutions for creating and managing knowledge bases as well as offering resources commonly used in the process.
Latest User Reviews in Education & Learning
ProProfs Training Maker
"Simple, feature-rich and adds value "
I like everything about ProProfs Training maker but the performance and layout are cl...