Eltima Port Virtualization (EPV) Technology is a versatile technology solution used for the virtualization of USB/serial ports and remote access applications.
The solution comes with advanced USB and COM port redirection technology compatible with a multitude of operating systems and it works over any distance. Eltima Port Virtualization Technology enables customers to integrate the platform into their own industry-specific solutions. In essence, EPV Technology intends to offer sensible solutions to everyday remote connection problems.
How the Eltima Port Virtualization Technology works
Eltima uses an advanced port redirection technology to virtualize serial ports. As such, it makes working with remote devices simpler and easier. It works over any distance and is compatible as well with various operating systems. It provides flexibility and can therefore be easily integrated into hardware and software products across different industries and for specific purposes.
Eltima Port Virtualization Technology integrates as an ActiveX, DLL or core-level usage solution. It is a multi-platform system that works with the vast majority of operating systems, including Apple (Mac OS and iOS), Microsoft, Linux and Android. It uses advanced-level encryption to maintain a high level of security when it comes to all data transfers.
EPV Technology is also designed to virtualize any company’s infrastructure based on the RS232 communication platform. It allows users to share USB devices over a local area network (or the internet) and monitors serial ports for analysis of COM port activities.
With Eltima Port Virtualization Technology, users will be able to:
- create virtual serial ports in the system quicker and a lot easier
- implement the developer’s software technology within their hardware solution
- make specific devices available in a virtual environment and on blade servers
- work with US and COM-port devices remotely on LAN or the internet
- effortlessly switch from hardware to software to help minimize company expenses significantly
- keep track and analyze all activities and data flows among various serial ports
- support a wide range of devices over RDP when those same devices are initially not compatible with the system
Eltima Port Virtualization Technology comes with a variety of features, which includes the following:
- FlexiHub – This feature allows you to access and manage various remote USB and COM port devices.
- Virtual serial port driver – Share USB devices over local area networks or the internet with its EPV Technology feature.
- Serial port monitor – Closely monitor serial ports and keep track of COM port activities for comprehensive analysis.
- USB network gate – This feature allows users to share their USB device with other users through LAN or the internet.
- Serial-to-ethernet connector – This provides you with the ability to share serial port devices over the network.
- HelpWire – This is the Eltima Port Virtualization Technology feature. It provides users with access to remote customer support.
Eltima or EPV Technology also provides custom solutions for small to medium-sized businesses and enterprises, solutions specifically tailored to address their needs and preferences. Eltima has a team of experts ready to hear out the customer’s specific needs. This helps the developer come up with a solution that is uniquely designed to fit the needs of the company utilizing the technology.
Project planning and analysis, project design, development implementation, QA and testing, launch and deployment, support and maintenance—customers get the full treatment in the research and development, customization, white-labeling and project management in designing the custom solution for their company. Moreover, they also get further technical assistance, project integration and quality assurance to ensure the stability and efficiency of the EPV Technology solution.
The benefits of Eltima
Eltima Port Virtualization Technology is a solution that utilizes top-tier encryption for information transfer to maintain quality safety and security for all data being transferred from one location to the next. It is a fully integrated platform designed to work seamlessly with other hardware and software products to help facilitate a plethora of tech tasks and processes as well as help maximize the efficiency of day-to-day operations.
According to its developers, the technology behind EPV is constantly being improved and streamlined to enhance its capabilities and reliability. This means regular system updates with new features and improvements for the customer using the SaaS platform.
Eltima Port Virtualization Technology also provides a support team whose role is to guide customers from the decision-making process—as far as the software package is concerned—to the deployment and implementation process of the solution into the company’s own product. And when it comes to implementations, using EPV Technology will allow you to:
- virtualize your company’s infrastructure based on RS232 communication over the ethernet
- make USB-based analysis and measurement devices available through both the network and on virtual machines
- generate and develop a wide variety of serial to ethernet devices
Another benefit any customer should expect from using Eltima Port Virtualization Technology is cross-platform integration. The solution is designed to integrate and work with a wide array of protocols and provides different methods of transferring data in a secure manner.
EPV Technology is designed to integrate with platforms such as Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android and embedded systems. It also supports various programming languages, including C, C++, Objective-C, AJAX, Python, PHP, CSS, HTML, Swift and Java.
With its full features and capabilities, Eltima Port Virtualization Technology provides a robust system with an unlimited number of virtual serial ports, it allows for redirection of USB and serial interfaces through various networks—which include LAN, ethernet, WAN and the internet. It also allows users to integrate the solution into hardware systems for easy sharing of USB and COM port devices.
EPV Technology facilitates the transfer of local devices to virtual machines, cloud solutions and blade servers. Also, the platform provides quick and easy remote access to local USB and serial peripherals within an RDP session. It also has high-level encryption, ensuring all connections created using Eltima Port Virtualization Technology are secure.
You may contact Eltima Software directly if you want to request a demo or obtain complete pricing information on EPV Technology. There is a Request Demo page on their website you can fill up with your information. Email addresses, phone numbers and other contact details are also available at the Eltima website.
Eltima Port Virtualization Technology is a robust and feature-rich solution for small to medium-sized businesses and enterprises across multiple industries and product categories. Whether it’s an information systems software, cloud-based applications, CNC systems, automotive OEM industry, healthcare, transportation equipment and so on, EPV Technology can be customized to match your needs.
Moreover, since the platform is designed to integrate seamlessly with other systems and solutions, deployment and implementation won’t be much of a problem either, especially when you have a dedicated support team helping you out.