X-Cart is an eCommerce platform that helps users create and operate an online store. X-Cart comes in two variants that users can choose from. A downloadable program can be bought and installed on a server, or it can be bought as a cloud-based shopping cart that is hosted online. Both options are customizable as users are given full, open-source access to the code regardless of which option they buy.
X-Cart is a shopping platform that gives its users full customization powers. It is designed to work either as the base for new online stores or as improvements to existing ones. It also optimizes the e-commerce site for search engines and is accessible on mobile devices. X-Cart also lets you integrate third-party applications to provide quality service for both users and customers alike.
X-Cart allows users to create their site in two ways: Either the service is hosted by the X-Cart cloud, or the user can download the software and host it locally. The software itself has a free version if you’d like to start selling without having to make a big purchase. There are also upgrades available that can be purchased individually or as part of their package deals.
Shop and Template Customization
X-Cart uses an in-depth customization feature that lets you create your own eCommerce website. Using a drag-and-drop layout editor, building your website is easier and faster. X-Cart can also be used as an online shopping cart for the respective wishlists of clients and processing of their data.
In case you want an expertly designed website, X-Cart web designers can create a unique website template for specific ideas. It costs an additional fee but ensures a lifetime use of the design.
You also benefit from X-Cart’s unique UX design. It has features like creating widgets to show best-selling products, or letting customers submit, rate, and modify the reviews. Variations of specific products, such as sizes and colors, can be made available in the Product Option module. Your customers can zoom in on the images and drag desired products to their shopping cart.
In upgraded versions, customers can create wishlists and receive notifications for overdue packages. Third-party payment services can also be integrated for easier processing. X-Cart uses both online and offline receipts to update the balances of customers and vendors alike.
Speaking of vendors, the Multivendor deal of X-Cart helps you set up an online marketplace. Customization in the marketplace includes adding subsites for vendors to conduct business, choosing between trusted or non-trust labels, and setting individual commission rates. This puts X-Cart ahead of other platforms that require a separate affiliate program.
Should you or your buyers need assistance, premium technical support from X-Cart is available. Support can be contacted through phone calls, emails, and a live help desk. Unfortunately, these must be paid for beforehand. The only X-Cart deal that includes support for free is the Ultimate package deal, and that only lasts a year. Luckily, there are FAQs and help wikis for lower tier deals that can help you and your customers.
X-Cart also helps you in achieving greater online visibility. Whether it’s from the free version or the ultimate package deal, you get to access several SEO tools that help you modify your URLs and add meta tags for better SEO rankings.
You also have statistical tools and integration with systems like Google Analytics. This makes it easier to get reports and feedback on customer information and demographics.
Mobile and Third-Party Integration
X-Cart is mobile-friendly and can be accessed via both desktop and mobile. The mobile version still gives users full accessibility to your shop. X-Cart is fully responsive, so your site can easily be adjusted to fit any screen size.
X-Cart has third-party integration for a number of external software. They’re also able to add up to 122 different payment services like Stripe or PayPal. Those in the free version have access to 36 separate services, which is already a wide range of their service.
Thanks to X-Cart’s in-depth customization and integration systems, you can look forward to a creative experience in building your site. You get to have full access to all aspects of the site, such as the URLs and meta tags, the product options and the design of the website itself. An issue with the complexity of their features is that X-Cart is better suited for experienced web designers, however.
The large-scale integration to other software gives you access to important services for SEO or payment. If you’re using a paid service, you will have access to as much as 400 different software integrations. This gives you a wide range of help in running your online shop. Note that not all of these integrations can be accessed in the free version.
X-Cart offers users a 30-day free trial for people who are interested in purchasing the service. Should you decide to continue using X-Cart, there is a free version available. The free version works best for small-scale or startup businesses. The free version has the following features:
- Website themes and templates – All five free templates are mobile-ready, responsive, and SEO-friendly. Over 50 extra templates are available for purchase.
- Bestsellers and featured products – List/market price for better customer service.
- Third party integration – Access to strong SEO tools like Google Analytics and mail services like MailChimp.
- Payment gateways – Payment services can also be integrated with thirty-six free gateways, which can be added up to 120+ with purchase.
- Real-time and pre-defined tax rates and shipping quotes – Made for easier real-time sales invoicing.
- Single-UI checkout – Faster checkout service for a smoother customer experience.
- Payment and fulfillment order statuses – Customers can monitor their deals.
- Product attributes and options – Additional customization for the products and their reviews.
For medium to large-sized companies looking for more from X-Cart, there are three tiers of services available for purchase (excluding their custom enterprise plan). One notable feature is the lifetime contracts in place for all three. This means you only pay a substantial amount once to cut long-term monthly and transactional fees.
The first deal is the Business deal for clients, best for those looking for higher quality localization and service. It contains the features from the free version and including extensions like:
- Multiple currencies – For wider accessibility.
- Side-by-side product comparison – To give customers more options based on quality.
- Layered filters – For faster product navigation.
- Google, Facebook and PayPal login for customers – Faster access to online accounts to improve exposure and transaction.
- Ability to market e-goods or downloadable products – The catalog expands to include digital goods and software merchants.
Large-scale businesses who want to include vendors for better affiliation and add services to their shop will enjoy the Multivendor deal. Though the price costs $1495, you can expand your options by having multiple vendors in the same marketplace. This deal includes:
- Online marketplace – X-Cart creates a space for several services on your website.
- Separate stores per vendor – Each vendor owns a subsite with an individual commission rate for uniqueness in each service.
- Trust options for vendors – Vendors can be placed under the “Trusted” label, giving them the power to publish new products without mandatory admin approval.
- Warehouse operation mode – Users can track products for shipping either to a single outlet or several individual addresses.
Lastly is the Ultimate deal. This deal comes at a steep $5995, making it ideal for enterprises wanting top-quality service for a one-time purchase. It includes all the previous features in the other deals, and the following:
- Abandoned cart reminders and exit offers – Customers can keep track of their overdue purchases, and even choose to cancel the purchase.
- Wishlist – Customers can create a wishlist for purchases they may want to make in the future.
- Antispam – Additional security measures that help prevent categorizing shop emails as “spam.”
- Infinite scrolling and banner system – To create the final touches for a smoother mobile shopping experience by using additional filters and endless scrolling for navigation.
- Premium technical support – The only deal to include this for free. You and your customers will have access to a year’s worth of responsive support from the XTreme support team.
- WordPress integration – perfect for shops who want to use the WordPress CMS.
With an in-depth customization suite, X-Cart is a hands-on eCommerce building experience. If you want to personalize your shop and evolve it into a high-quality online marketplace, you will find X-Cart’s list of modifications useful.