VolunteerLocal is a registration and management program designed for various volunteer events in a year. Whether the user needs VolunteerLocal per event or annually, this software makes it easier to find and manage volunteers for different agendas. Registration, scheduling of shifts, and task management are all made simpler via the software’s intuitive interface.
VolunteerLocal helps users in the registration, scheduling, and management of events. The software lets users conduct registration via an online portal, or even via an email sent to several groups. Volunteer data can be presented to managers of the event via concise reports, in case there is a need to check on the demographic. Communication features are also available through mobile applications.
Scheduling and Registration
Running an event requires a clear structure for tasks and shifts. VolunteerLocal lets users conduct online applications for volunteers interested in signing up for a variety of roles and even shifts. The application portal even lets users see exactly how many spots are available. The event organizers can also adjust the application portal if there is a need to focus on gathering volunteers only, with roles and shifts being designated later.
VolunteerLocal also lets users conduct group signups for en masse application. Users can add friends, family, or other acquaintances into the system, complete with their email accounts and personal information. Passwords for certain shifts can be created to reserve specific groups per task. Leaders for each group can be appointed and emails can be sent to group members for confirmation or update. Social media sharing is also available to help users in promoting the event.
Volunteer Data and Communication
Knowing everything there is to know about volunteers is one of the most important aspects of running an event. Users will need to know how to communicate with their people and, also, know that they are aware of all the aspects of what they are signing up for.
To this end, VolunteerLocal lets users set several specialized fields and questions in the application form. These can include contact information so the organizers can easily contact each individual and waivers for athletic or active events.
Volunteers can also upload documents in case organizers need to access important paperwork, such as birth or pertinent medical certificates.
The organizers can also send emails from their company to selected volunteers. Recipients can be filtered based on their groups or roles and users can send the email out to all attendees. Templates can be created or added to give each message proper branding and attachments can be added to the messages. If necessary, reminders and thank you emails can be scheduled.
During the event, VolunteerLocal allows volunteers to check their shifts and log in via their mobile phones. This way, roles and shifts can be adjusted accordingly if there are no-shows. The number of hours volunteers spend is tracked and can be checked at a later date.
Data on the entire event and each volunteer is recorded by VolunteerLocal. In addition, the organizer can manage each task fulfillment via the software. Filters to show or hide specific shifts can be set for easier navigation through the tasks and volunteers. Users can then easily identify and move or delete volunteers. On the volunteers’ side, they can track their progress on each shift. The captains or leaders of each group will also have limited admin access, such as no-show filing.
In case the event has specific fees volunteers need to address, users can add credit card payment options and even make scheduled transactions. These are integrated with different payment services in order to make the fulfillment of these payments easier. Deposit requests and notes for each billing can also be sent. Should the need arise, partial or full refunds can be issued by VolunteerLocal. Finally, “holding tanks” for those who haven’t paid can be created.
VolunteerLocal is an updated application experience for online users. Thanks to a simple interface for filing applications and tasks, VolunteerLocal is easy to use, regardless of whether the user is one of the organizers or one of the volunteers.
The automated processing of payments, email messaging, and task progression and tracking makes event management seamless. Users can also make changes on the fly depending on any developments during the event.
VolunteerLocal charges according to the number of events, either individually or within a calendar year. However, small-scale and local events can benefit from the VolunteerLocal free plan. Demos are available for the following paid plans: Discover, Grow, or Conquer.
The Discover plan is the cheapest, costing either $200 monthly or $600 annually. The plan includes the following features:
- Up to ten admin users – Users can set admin rights for up to ten individuals within the system.
- Printable reports – This lets users print the data from their volunteers and data from the event itself.
- Export data options – Users can export data to and from a variety of third-party applications.
- Custom registration fields – This lets users break from the templated registration forms, and add a little personalization to the event.
- Real-time signup notifications – Get notifications for every user that signs up.
- Bulk emails for volunteers – Send out an email to groups, select individuals, or even to the entire organization.
- Group registration – Users can register in bulk.
- Moving volunteers – Users can move or copy volunteers to be assigned to other tasks.
- Event data management – Data gathered during the event can either be copied or archived.
Discover’s printable reports and group registration highlight its suitability for smaller events such as forums or celebrity meet-and-greets.
The Grow plan costs either $800 monthly or a discounted $2400 annually. The plan includes the features in Discover and adds
- Up to 75 admin users – More administrators for a bigger organization.
- Event check-in or checkout – This lets users track guests at their events.
- Volunteer data importing – Import data about volunteers from third-party sources.
- Password protection – Tasks can be reserved and protected for specific individuals or groups.
- Job assignment access for team leaders – Assigned group leaders can attach team members to different roles.
- Custom design and URL – Admins can create branding and a custom URL for unique events.
- Saved reports – Generate reports and save them for future access.
Grow’s best additions are data imports for volunteers, password protection for jobs, and custom design. These additions make Grow ideal for companies running frequent events or competitions. Examples can be music festivals or regional/national competitions.
The last plan is Conquer. Conquer charges the highest at $3000 per event or $10000 annually. It includes all previous features mentioned and adds:
- Up to 200 admin users – Best for massive symposiums or conventions.
- Credit card processing – Admin can add notes schedules for making transactions with volunteers. Refunds are optional for partial or full.
- Shift-swapping – Admin and users can swap shifts with this feature.
- Name badges – Badges can be created and attached to different groups for easier navigation.
- Minimum shift requirements – Users can set a minimum shift requirement for their volunteers.
- Bulk shift assignments – Assign shifts in bulk to certain groups, making shift management easier.
- Flagged volunteer list – Flag problematic volunteers so admin and leadership staff can monitor them closely.
- Facebook groups – The admin can create online groups for faster social media coordination and publicity.
Conquer’s best additions are its credit card processing and list of shift requirements. These make Conquer suitable for large-scale events with a large crowd of volunteers, such as music festivals or national competitions.
The VolunteerLocal simplified interface and volunteer-focused management system provides an engaging experience. Users can enjoy its comprehensive volunteer directory and management, along with payment options and personalized emails. Companies and organizations working on large scale events such as talks, forums, or sports competitions can appreciate the dashboard and task assignment functions.